Personal Injury Law, or more commonly known as tort law within the profession, allows an injured party “plaintiffs” to request compensation when another party “defendants” were negligent or intentionally caused harm to the plaintiff. In order to receive compensation you must prove the defendant was at fault and your injuries are a proximate cause or flow from the negligence. Our office deals with all personal injury claims. The lawyers and staff at Richard Binko’s office will generate a customized plan of action with your best interest in mind. Since we are a small firm you will get the attention and respect you deserve.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Automobile Accidents
- Slip-Trip and Fall
- Slip and fall cases occur quite frequently living in Western New York. It is the duty of business or home owners to keep their properties reasonably safe and free of hazards. Wet floors, unsalted properties, icey steps or untreated sidewalks are a few examples of slip and falls we commonly see. In each case there are different procedures and laws put into place. Put our experience to work for you.
- School/Daycare Accidents
- In these circumstances care takers are obligated to monitor and provide your loved ones with a safe, clean environment and provide the care of a “reasonable” parent. When a facility becomes negligent it is our duty to address the issue and sometimes we find that this leads to a much larger issue.
- Dog Bite
- As a dog owner you are responsible for your dog’s behavior. A common misconception is that people think there must be a prior bite to proceed, but in fact all that is required is an animal with vicious propensities. When claims are made against the animal owner, home owners insurance or renters insurance comes into play. Also, getting into a law suit because of a dog bite does not necessarily mean the dog has to be put down. That is a completely separate issue between the home owner and animal control and is usually based upon the dog’s history. We urge people who are a victim of a dog bite to come speak with our office. We will inform you of the procedure and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Industrial Accidents
- Ladder and Scaffold Cases
- This includes ladder and scaffold accidents, defective machinery, crane accidents, electrical accidents or falling objects. NYS has many laws in place to insure a safe work site, but sometimes accidents happen. Our knowledge of the continuously changing laws puts us in a great position to help you receive the full amount of compensation you deserve. Compensation for these types of cases goes beyond workers comp.
- Defective Products
- A product defect is any characteristic of a product which hinders its usability for the purpose in which it was designed and manufactured. Legally defective products lack appropriate instructions for its use, or warnings of danger that could be accompanied with misuse. Manufacturing defects occur when a product is incorrectly manufactured. Design defects occur from a poor design and could mean the product can’t even perform its primary function.
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice or med mal claims can arise when a doctor or health care professional is negligent and causes you, the patient, injury because of that negligence. These cases require a medical record review before a case can be started.
- Wrongful Death
- Any type of fatal accident caused by negligence can result in a wrongful death claim. Since a deceased person cannot bring forward a lawsuit, ones family or loved one must pursue legal counsel. Our office will assist you in getting a representative appointed to bring upon the claim or get records to evaluate a claim.